Magnetism as Art Showcase
Submission site opens 1 February 2021. Submission deadline is 13 April 2021.
INTERMAG 2021 will host a Magnetism as Art Showcase to highlight the beauty of magnetism and magnetic materials. Selected submissions will be displayed on the Conference website. Four finalists will be determined by popular vote and of those finalists, one winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
Links to prior submissions are listed below.
- In order to participate in the Showcase, one of the listed co-authors to the entry must be a registered attendee of the Conference.
- Each registered attendee is permitted to submit ONE entry as a first author and it should highlight the beauty of magnetism and magnetic materials. There is no limitation on the number of entries for which you are listed as a co-author. Each entry must be distinct from one another, and not involve a simple modification, such as the change in background color.
- Prior submissions to MMM, Intermag or Joint Conferences may not be resubmitted for consideration.
- The entries may be the result of any experimental imaging technique, modeling and simulation, as well as the combination of multiple images. The focus of the showcase is on the aesthetics of the image rather than its scientific quality.
- If your entry contains any content subject to copyright regulations, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission, the necessary agreements to permit the exhibition of the entry according to the showcase rules. According to Dictionary.com, plagiarism is defined as "an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author." Violators will be subject to disqualification.
- By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you agree to abide by the Showcase rules and that you permit the display of your entry during the Conference and during current and future Conference advertising.
- All entries much be submitted online before 11:59 pm ET on 13 April 2021. See instructions for submission below. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges based on the aesthetics of the image, relationship to magnetism and magnetic materials, visual impact and creativity. Submissions will be displayed via the Conference website, Facebook page and virtual platform. Four finalists will be selected by popular vote, and the winner will be selected by the panel of judges. The finalists will each be awarded $200 and the winner will receive $400. Each entry is eligible for only one prize.
- All entries much be submitted online before 11:59 pm ET on 13 April 2021.
- The file should consist of a high resolution *.jpg file of at least 300 dpi. The maximum file size is 20 MB. Include the submitter’s last name in the file name.
- To enable blind-judging, please do NOT include author names or affiliations within the image.
- All entries must include:
- a short title;
- the first author’s name and affiliation
- the names and affiliations of the co-authors;
- a short description of the subject of the image and its relationship to magnetism and magnetic materials; and
- the technique(s) used to obtain the image.