Presenter Instructions and Deadlines
Contributed papers accepted for the Conference will be presented as either oral or poster presentations. Authors should indicate their preference for oral or poster presentations on the submission site; however, the Program Committee will make the final decision on the assignment of papers to specific sessions and the presentation format (oral or poster). Authors were notified by email on 5 February 2021 of their presentation format and specific section.
The deadline to register and upload all presentations is Friday, 19 March 2021.
- ASAP: Review Presenter Guidelines via links below.
- No later than 19 March: Complete your Conference registration at https://magnetism.org/register. You will need register for the Conference BEFORE you upload your presentation as your Registration ID code will be required during your upload. All presenters must register for the Conference*.
- No later than 19 March: Upload your prerecorded video presentation and/or electronic poster, bio and headshot and complete the Presenter Form.
- 19 April: Watch the Presenter training videos to become familiar with the virtual Conference platform. (links to be posted soon)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: You must use the same E-mail address to register for the Conference as you do when uploading your presentation, and also when you create an Underline account for access to the Virtual Conference Platform. This should be the same E-mail address at which you received your digest notification letter.
- The contributed presentation format is a 12-minute prerecorded talk by a registered author.
- The format for an invited presentation is a 25-minute prerecorded talk by a registered author.
- Presenters are expected to check their chat board and respond to any questions at least twice daily during the Conference week and at least once per week after the Conference through 30 June 2021.
- For additional details regarding specifications for prerecorded presentations, please click on the Contributed Oral or Invited Instructions link above.
- Virtual posters will feature an electronic poster of well prepared visual materials about the work. There are no strict formatting requirements for an electronic poster presentation, except that the uploaded file is a PDF document. Most authors use the traditional format and submit a one-page document.
- Presenters will have the option to submit a short video (up to 90 seconds) in a prerecorded presentation. (If you are participating in the Best Poster Award, you are required to submit a recorded short video.)
Presenters are expected to check their chat board and respond to any questions at least twice daily during the Conference week and at least once per week after the Conference through 30 June 2021.
- For additional details regarding specifications for poster files and prerecorded presentations, please click on the Poster Instructions link above.
No Show Policy
If any of the following applies, then the paper will be recorded as a "No Show" and will not be published.
- Digests that are listed in the program but are NOT presented virtually (no presentation file uploaded).
- Digests that are presented by an unregistered author.
- Digests that did not have a registered author available and responsive during the Conference week to address questions on their chat board.